Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

As I reflect back on the year, this time last year seemed awfully bleak for this household. DH lost his job along with thousands of others. With no income and savings disappearing quickly, one wondered what the future would bring. As you turned to others for support you heard over and over again, "well there are lots of folks losing everything". I know they meant well, but that is sort of like your Mom telling you to eat your peas because there are children starving in China. Did that make those peas taste better? I think not.



That's when my Etsy shop came about. Thank you to all that have had a hand in making it a success.



Winter came and went and spring brought a new job, way below the salary level of the last one, but a job none the less. Amazing what one can do without. Makes you wonder, do we really need all those "things" after all.  As long as I have yarn, knitting needles, roving, spinning wheel, and a little bit of dye, I'm good.



Then it was garden season. The weather didn't cooperate and it was a struggle to get our usual yields.

Fall came and it was time to start thinking about Christmas knitting. Last year everyone received sweaters, this year they all got hats. Which I think they were just as happy with. We were all together for Christmas and that is what is most important.



That brings us right back to the New Year. I have a HUGE pot of black-eyed-peas cooking for New Year's Day. I'm not taking any chances.



Happy New Year one and all!

3 comments:

Judy said...

I am glad things are looking better this year. Happy New Year and many more blessings.

Anonymous said...

So true...it is amazing what we can do without. Happy New Year to you and yours! Know that you are all loved dearly by everyone who knows you!

Anonymous said...

Oops...that last comment was mine, I can't figure out how to have it say "Tracey" like it did last time. Didn't want you think you had a stalker! :) Tracey