Monday, October 26, 2009

All A Glow....

Usually the three maples that we have around the front of our house turn a brilliant red, bright orange, and some yellow.  This year they decided that it was all yellow for them. I don't know why, I'm sure some enviromental guru could probably explain it to me.
 Do you think we might have some raking to do?  Looks like a job for the lawn mower.  I'm all for recycling.




The yellow of the leaves is so vibrant, it looks like the sun is shining constantly.  Which has been a very good thing because we have been socked in with rain for the last week.
When I would look out the window and see the yellow shining in, I couldn't help think of my Grandmother.  She has long passed by now, but I remember her saying when they painted her house a bright yellow that now she would always have sunshine.  Strange how unrelated things bring back memories.  You just never know where you will find them, I suppose.



If you look at this picutre really close you will notice a small rainbow in the upper right hand corner.

I guess the trees are our gold.  Hmmm.....who says your gold has to be monetary.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, the color of leaves has to do with the pigments in them and it is all tied to length of day. So, with our super weird days lately, many of the colors that showed up weren't what we usually see.

I saw a lot of your new bags and I think I need some for Xmas, I'll tell Jeff which ones to purchase! :)

Audrey said...

Well its about time, I need to keep track of what you are doing. I really want to see those pictures of that little sweetie. It looks like she can keep you on your toes. From the older sister that doesn't even have a blog.