Friday, April 16, 2010

Sometimes............

Yesterday was my birthday. When you reach a certain age birthdays seem to just come and go. However, yesterday's birthday was a little different for me. With the path and the changes that my life is taking right now coupled with the fact that the "whole" family was out of town, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself.


Then all my friends on facebook started wishing me happy birthday and my friend called to take me to lunch. Her 3 year old grandson was with her and had chosen a birthday card for me. To see the smile and pride on his face for choosing that card made me put everything into perspective.

It should be just that simple. Choose a fun card and make someone smile.

We tend to get so wrapped up in the things that are shitty in our lives we lose track of the things that really count. Those things are the love of our family and friends and our health.

So, I have pulled on my "big girl" panties and am moving along.

Happy Birthday to me!

3 comments:

Judy said...

A belated Happy Birthday. Since you hadn't posted I was wondering if the car accident did more damage then expected. But I see you added health to family and friends so that is good. I hope your pathes aren't all up hill and the changes will end up all be for the good.

cyndy said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Glad it turned out to be a good day for you ;-)

Unknown said...

Once again, as I visit your shop I am consumed with greed. There are about 5 bags on there that I want so badly. You are so great at what you do. My rational brain says "enough bags already", but the rest of me screams, "only 5 more bags and then I'm done! he he he...